One minute method (Laser Printers Only)
1. Print your image onto the RixCanDoIt Quick Transfer Paper on the side marked by a small dot in the corner of the paper. Must use a Laser Printer for this method for best results.
2. Apply a film of Gel Medium onto the smooth wood surface where you want to transfer the image, making sure to add enough so there are no dry spots but not too much to avoid excess ooze out.
4. Place your “mirrored” image face down onto the surface treated with Gel Medium.
5. Proceed to press it down using a Brayer roller (highly recommended).
6. As soon as 1 minute has elapsed, gently start to peel from a corner or side and pull gently across substrate (do not pull up but horizontally).
7. All done! Give time to dry if you are going to add a sealer.
Five minute method (used for other substrates or not so smooth wood surfaces)
1. Instructions the same as one minute method, except you can use other types of glues not affected by water once dried. Mod Podge, Gel Medium, Tacky Glue, etc.
2. Allow to fully dry or use a hair dryer and dry for about 3-4 minutes (time can vary depending on glue and heat source).
3. Soak the paper with water when you are reading to remove it, giving it at least a minute or two to go through the paper.
4. Dab off excess with paper towel and carefully peel. You may have to make more than one peel if it tears. No big deal. Rubbing is not required to remove this paper. Easy!
INKJET PRINTER (tested using Pigment ink only)
If you are using an Inkjet Printer, you will want to use the method listed above as the “Five Minute” method. Also, this has been tested with excellent results using Mod Podge for Inkjet prints. If you use anything else, you should test it first. I can only suggest what I have tested that works every time for Inkjet prints. Make sure not to use too much Mod Podge. Just enough to put a nice light covering. Dry completely before soaking the paper. Don’t over do it with the wetting when using Inkjet prints. Once you see that it has absorbed the water, dab off the excess with a paper towel and then start peeling the paper off. If any paper is left behind and does not easily peel off, just wet it and it will peel right off.
HOW IT’S MADE
This is high-quality 25% cotton bond paper that I have treated with my solution to make it do what it does. This paper is made in my home and is not mass produced. Each sheet is treated by hand, allowed to dry, then pressed. Much time and labor is put into making this paper and I have priced it to be quite affordable.
Use a Brayer Roller. (You might get away with other methods of pressing, such as burnishing. But I have found great success using the brayer. Highly recommended!)
HOW TO PURCHASE
If you would like to order my special Quick Transfer Paper, send email to email@example.com.
In the SUBJECT of the email, write “Quick Transfer Paper”.
In the MESSAGE write “Hi Rix, Please send me a Paypal invoice for (specify number of sheets you’d like).”
!!!! PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN RESPOND WITH SHIPPING OPTIONS AND PRICES. !!!!
Upon receiving the email I will reply and also send you the requested invoice so you can order via Paypal.
8.5″ x 11″ US Letter Size
Current Prices (shipping is extra):
31.50 for 75-sheets
22.00 for 50-sheets
12.50 for 25-sheets
(** In the US, shipping USPS First Class starts at $4 and USPS Priority Mail is $7.50. For CANADA, it will be more. Be sure to provide your address in the request so I can provide you with the shipping price options.)
Thank you for supporting the RixCanDoIt Youtube channel!